The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: Re: [a/s] A rare sight -no traffic/vehicles in sight on CA hwy

Yes, we did deal with Dave Morse - I agree, he is a gem!  He left us alone to
look at the Bambi all we wanted with absolutely no pressure to decide and
then he showed Tom every feature on it, still with no sales pitch.  Of
course, he may have picked up on the fact that I was salivating.  He took a
$500 deposit *(refundable) and then a month to bring in the dough and pick up
the trailer.

The only service we had done was the installation of the hitch and so I can't
vouch first hand for the service but we did meet a couple there when dropped
by for a visit in April.  They were full-timers from back east pulling a 34'
A/S (actually I can't think right now if it was a 31 or 34) and had come 'out
of their way' especially because they trusted the service dept there.  I had
one wee complaint when we picked up our trailer - a young man who spoke with
a very heavy (and hard to understand) accent was the person who went thru all
the details of how every thing worked in/on the trailer.  I was hoping that
between Tom, me and the manuals we'd understand or find out what either one
of us missed. We were asked how everything went and I didn't want to complain
about the guy.

*The day we put down the deposit we signed a paper but it was not a contract
and didn't bind us to the purchase.  I looked it over carefully - it was not
a contract.  I'm a real cynic when it comes to car dealers (and figured this
was the same type of business). I worked for several years at a credit union
and learned every shady trick a car dealer can pull.  That was a long time
ago - maybe things have changed, haha.

BTW;  Boojum and I are talking about Toscano RV in Las Banos, California.  If
anyone goes there for a possible purchase be sure to ask for Dave Morse.

-Norma