The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] GAs tanks

I just went through this ordeal this weekend.  I went to
fill my 30# tanks with propane only to find out that I need
to get fitted with OPD valves.  Since the tanks were the
originals from 1969, and had a little rust on the bottom I
decided to buy new.  I also had a broken regulator that took
from both tanks at the same time, so I replaced that as
well.  Now I'm all set, but I didn't expect to spend that
kind of money to fill two 30# tanks :)