The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

[a/s] Window coverings

When I found my Safari I was pretty amazede that a 1966 model could still
have all its stock curtains.  Some of them even looked like new while others
were tattered.

My goal is to replace them to stock condition but using a fabric that might
be a bit more contemporary stylish.  Now I am finding that ready made double
pleated curtains are not in fashion anymore.  I had hoped to buy some ready
made and then have a seamstress hem them.  So far no luck.

I took down the three curtains that were tattered and put up mini-blinds.
They work OK but do get caught in all the window crank hardware.  The
mini-blinds don't work as well on the side windows because of the concave
hull.  They work better on the front and rear where the hull is
perpendicular to the ground.

Right now I am making up with my old girlfriend because she knows how to sew
:)  Barring that does anybody have any good ideas on how to get ready mades
or other reasonably priced solutions?

Bob Kiger aka Cruiser Bob
myairstream@home.com