[a/s] Good deal when buying an Airstream

I just got back from AAA Club to register my 1966 vintage Airstream.  I was
prepared to pay a hefty 7.75% California Sales Tax for the unit, since I
bought it in Oregon where there is no sales tax (and lots of old Airstreams
:)

Turns out that since I stayed on tour for 90 days or more after my sale
deate that I was no longer required to pay the sales tax.  The AAA guy worte
me up this way and gave me a receipt.  Does this jive with the experience of
other members.  I wish I could let my friends on the vintage group also
respond but . . .

Cheers,
Bob Kiger aka Cruiser Bob
myairstream@home.com