Re: [a/s] 1966 Airstreams

Thanks for your responses.
All right, now the panic is over.  I took a chill pill (note it wasn't a
Margarita :) and looked things over again last night.  It's not as bad as it
sounded last night when I was whining. The unit looks nice and is fun to be
in.  I would say 85 percent of the floor is fine.  The main floor problem is
accessible through the back panel.  One thing at a time.

Next question :  I tried to start the swamp cooler last night 'cuz it was
nearly  100 degrees outside -- well, 90 + anyway, and it kept stopping.  The
switch on it won't turn it on at all, unless you hit it to "high", and then
sometimes you have to start it with your hand for just a sec (careful,
careful) and the circuit breaker for this circuit appears to be wired
backwards (off is on, etc).  It put out a little cool air but it was hard to
tell since it was only on for a few minutes before shutting off.  When I
flipped the circuit breaker again, I could turn it on again for only a few
minutes again.  What are my options?
BTW, is there anything I'm supposed to do to this thing regular
maintenance-wise, like put water somehwere if it's a swamp cooler?  My
husband thought maybe?  But I read the manual I had for the a/s through and
through and there was nothing in it at all about the swamp cooler.  I don't
see anywhere to access anything on it if that is the case.  That thing is
riveted into place on the ceiling in the bedroom area.
Crystal
and Silver Belle