Re: [a/s] Old vs. New A/S

	Me too- I was hoping that the new Safari would return to a lightweight
"Wally Byam inspired" design- though maybe it has (?).

	Another company (SOB) that I was wathing was Shadowcruiser- they bought
the rights for a honeycomb/compsite fabrication technique that was lighter
and stronger than anything out there. Of course, they then went banckrupt :-(

	It's hard to fault Airstream when you compare the new interiors with the
old ones- wood is good, but wood is heavy. It would be nice if Airstream
would produce a model with the older, ultralight components (laminates
everywhere), without cheaping out on everything else.

________

	Chris Bryant
	Bryant RV Services
	DeLand, Florida