RE: [a/s] lighting and gas questions

Karen:
First, the question of the lights. I find that the overhead lights on my '76
are extremely sensitive to any sort of moisture, probably because there is
dirt in the rotary switch. Sometimes, when I come back to the trailer after
storing it, I find that when I replace the fuse (I remove it for storage),
the lights just come on. Try using a contact cleaner on the rotary switches.
The water heater is obviously a dirt/condensation problem. When the heater
has not been on for a while, rust forms in the chambers and the pilot will
do funny things as the bits of rust loosen. Try cleaning all of the supply
tubes and the thermocouple. You should not have to worry about a safety
factor when the pilot goes out. The thermocouple shuts off the pilot when
the pilot goes out.
george