Re: [a/s] 6volt vs. 12 volt

The application of golf cart batteries would be if one
has a large solar panel bank and needs to store and
draw large amounts of power.

Unfortunately, I can't give you all the details, it
has been a while since I have studied up on them. I
have read and always felt that the golf cart batteries
store better, and drain better. Their amperage is
better too.

I haven't switched as my trailer is designed for the
other size, golf cart batteries are taller and weigh
about the same. You can run them in a 12 volt system
if you wire them in parallel. In 1996 before Silver
Streak went out of business they had switched to the 6
volt batteries, and I think they can be obtained on
the new Airstreams as well. The important thing is to
just make sure you use deep cycle batteries, they are
designed to be drained without damage. A golf cart
battery falls into this category too. Gel Cel
batteries are a good choice too, but quite expensive.
I firmily believe that in the next five years we will
see a battery hit the market that will be far better
than anything we can get now in every way.
Sorry I couldn't help more.
Arizona Silver Streaker.....