[a/s] The accident was not our fault. Fr: Ruth & Dan

The semi in the right lane was going about 65.  Speed limit is 70 and we were in the
middle lane about half way past him.  He was over the line into our lane by several
inches before we started around him.

The semi that went past us in the left lane made it look like we were standing still.
I'll guess maybe going 90+.  Trucks with more than 6 wheels are supposed to use the
right two lanes.

There was a strong crosswind from the right.  As the truck on the left went past we
slowed a bit and I believe that the air trough between the two trucks created a strong
suction on the (slower) truck on the right.  He came over into our lane by several feet
and slammed into the side of our vehicle, ran over the right front wheel and broke the
tie rod.  We were in 4wd and Dan managed to keep from hitting anything on the other
side, but from there on it was out of our hands.  Thank God that no one else hit us.

However I'll agree about getting a better tow vehicle.  I hauled a four horse with a 3/4
ton pickup.

But it looks like maybe the infinity will be repaired in 4-5 weeks, and we don't know
yet if the trailer is repairable.  However I have an appointment with an attorney
tomorrow, and we know the trucking company that owns the truck that hit us and told the
officer at the scene that info.

Maybe our experience will help someone else be safer.  Dan has a lot of experience
towing trailers as do I.  We both hauled horses around, and he has towed boats and
trailers too for years.

At least an a/s doesn't shift the wieght from one side to the other the way that horses
do.

That is a feeble attempt at humor.  Right now I don't ever want to go back to Atlanta,
but we have to go there this weekend to return rental van and pick up more of our stuff
that was left there.

How ling does it take to get over the "road TERROR' that I'm experiencing every time a
semi passes us in our car now?

Ruth & Dan Perry