Re: [a/s] Pullrite vs Hensley

I have a take on that issue that is somewhat different. With the
exception of the price differential, I agree with most of what's
been said. As recently as a year ago, I was quoted $1200 for a
Pullrite installed. That is still about 1/2 the cost of a
Hensley.

I have pulled with both hitches. At the time I bought a Pullrite,
I was pulling not only an RV but a 16' lowboy with a 30 hp
tractor and mower to the farm once a month. The Pullrite gave me
anti sway protection for both trailers. I would have never
purchased two Hensleys.

Later we sold the farm, tractor, travel trailer, and truck. We
were in a Motor Home for a spell. Not long ago we went back to a
trailer. I bought a Hensley. Its a great hitch. Couldn't destroy
it with a sledge hammer if you wanted to. And when you add
Airstream pulling ease to the Hensley, it don't get any better.

But for me it didn't work. I had too much difficulty hooking it
up. I got the point that the dread of hooking up overshadowed the
pleasure of pulling. When I had a discussion with a Hensley
representative, all they could offer was: "practice, practice,
practice. I was admonished to read the manual better. And to make
sure that no one was watching while I practiced, so that I
wouldn't be embarrassed."

Fact is I had been practicing for a year and I am 70 years old. I
don't have all that much practice time left and didn't give a
flip if anyone watched. Dang, I'd sell tickets if I thought it
would help.

Not long ago we decided to go back to a motor home. Sold the
Hensley to a member of this list who is pleased with it.

Its a good hitch, but personal considerations tipped the scales
in favor of the Pullrite for me.

Thanks for allowing me my opinion.

Ebert Steele, now restoring a 1982 Airstream/Isuzu Diesel turbo.
Two new skin segments going on and being polished as we speak.